Join us at 10:30am for worship! Children are always welcome in worship. The staffed nursery is available for infants through age 5.
January 13—Renouncing the Spiritual Forces of Wickedness
- Isaiah 43:1-7 & Luke 3:15-17, 21-22
- When we come for baptism, the first question asked of us is” Do you renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of this world and repent of your sin?” Today we’ll explore one form “wickedness” takes in the world today.
- Dedication of New Church Leaders for 2019
January 20—Resisting Evil
- The second question we are asked at Baptism is “Do you accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice and oppression in whatever forms they present themselves?” Today we look at one form evil is taking on the world in which we live. The good news is God gives us the ability to resist evil – we need to be wise in using this power.
- Isaiah 62:1-5 & 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
- Human Relations Day Special Offering
- Special Music by Joe Kimmel and Doug Brown “The Quiet Faith of Man” by Bill Staines
January 27—Confessing Jesus
- Psalm 19 & Luke 4:14-21
- The third question we answer “yes” to, when we come for baptism is “Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve him as your Lord, in union with the church which Christ has opened to people of all ages, nations and races?” There’s much that is uncertain in our world. But one thing is certain: there is one savior in this world (Jesus Christ). Today we’ll explore what it means to confess Jesus as our savior and put our whole trust in his grace.
- Special Church Conference January 27th 11:45 a.m.
Children are always welcome in worship. The staffed nursery is available for infants through age 5.