All women of the church are welcome to participate in any of our activities!
United Methodist Women
In 2019, we celebrated 150 years of United Methodist Women and its predecessor organizations.
We have pasty sales three times a year to raise money for our district pledge (usually September/October, March/April, and January). In addition to our pledge for global missions and a variety of other local, national, and international giving, we designate $1.00/pasty sold at each sale for a specific cause. We always welcome help in preparing and baking the pasties. There are a variety of jobs and you can come when you’re able and stay as long as you like.
Circle meets the 4th Wednesday at 4:00 pm in the Workroom or Conference Room. Our focus is study, mission projects, and outreach to our at-home members. We occasionally have a Sunday afternoon meeting at Oak Park Place so that our members who live there can participate.
We have a prayer shawl group that meets at 2:00 p.m. on the 2nd Wednesday at Oak Park Place and at 2:00 p.m. on the 4th Wednesday at church. We knit or crochet shawls for those in need of prayer and comfort.
We ship manufacturers’ coupons to our adopted Army base in Okinawa. They can use them up to six months after they expire. Since we started the project 2012, we have shipped over $800,000 worth of coupons.
Special Events & Programs
- We have a winter brunch and World Thank Offering program in January at the church.
- We have the Prayer and Self-Denial program at Oak Park Place on a Sunday afternoon near Ash Wednesday.
- We participate in district and state events.
- There will be two-day sessions of Mission U (formerly School of Christian Mission) in several venues during the summer.
- We will be hosting the UMW Conference Gathering in October of 2021.