All women of the church are welcome to participate in any of our activities!
Sept. 6 Executive Board 4pm Work Room
Sept. 27 Circle 4pm Conference Room
Sept. 30 Pasty Sale 8am—3pm Kitchen & Work Room
We’ve had several gatherings to cut shoe pieces for the Sole Hope project. We shipped about $18,000 worth of coupons August 14. We had gatherings to clean, sort, and rearrange the kitchen to make room for our new Pampered Chef cookware. We gathered on August 23 to bake cookies for our at-home members.
We’d welcome volunteers to help with the pasty sale. There are a variety of jobs both standing and sitting. You don’t have to commit to a certain time. Come when you can and stay as long as you’d like. It would be good to have some people come later (like 9:30 or 10:00) to relieve the early crew. Contact Alice Schellenberger 356-2387 or email@example.com.
We have pasty sales three times a year to raise money for our district pledge for global mission as well as a variety of other local, national and international missing giving (usually September, March/April, and January). We always welcome help in preparing and baking them. There are a variety of jobs and you can come when you’re able and stay as long as you like.
New Circle meets the 3rd Wednesday at 4pm in the conference room. Our main focus is study. We completed “Jesus and Courageous Women” and most of the study on Ruth from the “Uppity Women of the Bible” series.
Special Events & Programs
- We have brunches and luncheons featuring programs with speakers or mission projects with our own unit and sometimes with guests from other units.
- We visit other units for their special programs.
- We participate in district and state events.
- There’s a one-week School of Christian Mission at Steven’s Point in July. You can go on Monday only for Drive-In Day for an overview of the studies or you can go for the entire week.
- We are working to implement outreach to our in-home members.
- We would like to have some gatherings for knitting/crocheting and for making green cleaning supplies.