All women of the church are welcome to participate in any of our activities!
United Methodist Women
September 5 Executive Board 4:00 p.m. Work Room
September 10 Registration Deadline for Southwest District Gathering
September 22 Southwest District Annual Gathering with the theme Sacred Spaces – Bethany UMC, Madison See bulletin board for details
September 26 Registration Deadline for State-wide Annual Gathering
September 29 Pasty Sale 8am – 3pm Kitchen and Singer Fellowship Hall
October 19 & 20 Annual Gathering Sacred Spaces Encounter With God and Neighbor 1st UMC, Waukesha See bulletin board for details
You can also go to http://www.wisconsinumw.org/south-west-district-newsletters.html for details on the conferences and other UMW information.
We always welcome help for the pasty sale. We have a variety of jobs both standing and sitting. You don’t have to commit to a certain time or length of time. Come when you can and stay as long as you like. Contact Alice at 356-2387 or email@example.com. Our $1.00/pasty sold designation will got toward Baraboo River Equine-Assisted Therapies, Inc. “BREATHE” which benefits people with a wide spectrum of disabilities. They work with Kids’ Ranch during their summer day camp program.
We are again collecting Milk Moola labels and milk jug lids to benefit Harbor House, a shelter for homeless women and children. Be sure to rinse the bags and caps. Cut the bag top on the dotted line. Be sure to include the 5 cent circle and the words Nature’s Touch. They DO NOT accept Kemps or Prairie Farms caps. The Nature’s Touch products are available at Kwik Trip. There’s a bin in the church kitchen where you can place your donations.
We have pasty sales three times a year to raise money for our district pledge for global mission as well as a variety of other local, national and international missing giving (usually September, March/April, and January). We always welcome help in preparing and baking them. There are a variety of jobs and you can come when you’re able and stay as long as you like.
New Circle meets the 3rd Wednesday at 4pm in the conference room. Our main focus is study. We completed “Jesus and Courageous Women” and most of the study on Ruth from the “Uppity Women of the Bible” series.
Special Events & Programs
- We have brunches and luncheons featuring programs with speakers or mission projects with our own unit and sometimes with guests from other units.
- We visit other units for their special programs.
- We participate in district and state events.
- There’s a one-week School of Christian Mission at Steven’s Point in July. You can go on Monday only for Drive-In Day for an overview of the studies or you can go for the entire week.
- We are working to implement outreach to our in-home members.
- We would like to have some gatherings for knitting/crocheting and for making green cleaning supplies.