All women of the church are welcome to participate in any of our activities!
United Methodist Women
November 2 Registration Deadline for Day of Enrichment at Lodi. Fee is $15.00.
November 4 Gathering at Oak Park Place. 2:00 p.m. First floor conference room.
(All women of the church are welcome to join us. This will be in lieu of our
November and December circle meetings).
November 7 Executive Board 4:00 p.m. Work Room
November 10 Day of Enrichment 8:30 a.m. Lodi United Methodist Church
Sacred Spaces of Community. Details on Bulletin Board
Looking ahead: The Southwest District Spiritual Growth Retreat is April 12, 2019. It will be at Durward’s Glen Retreat Center. There is an overnight option. Registration is due by December 15, 2108.
We are working on updating the UMW banner featuring handprints of our members. If you want your handprint included, contact Alice Schellenberger.
We have pasty sales three times a year to raise money for our district pledge for global mission as well as a variety of other local, national and international missing giving (usually September, March/April, and January). We always welcome help in preparing and baking them. There are a variety of jobs and you can come when you’re able and stay as long as you like.
New Circle meets the 3rd Wednesday at 4pm in the conference room. Our main focus is study. We completed “Jesus and Courageous Women” and most of the study on Ruth from the “Uppity Women of the Bible” series.
Special Events & Programs
- We have brunches and luncheons featuring programs with speakers or mission projects with our own unit and sometimes with guests from other units.
- We visit other units for their special programs.
- We participate in district and state events.
- There’s a one-week School of Christian Mission at Steven’s Point in July. You can go on Monday only for Drive-In Day for an overview of the studies or you can go for the entire week.
- We are working to implement outreach to our in-home members.
- We would like to have some gatherings for knitting/crocheting and for making green cleaning supplies.