All women of the church are welcome to participate in any of our activities!
United Methodist Women Janet Brice
April 4 Executive Board 4:00 p.m. Work Room
April 5 Communion Brunch 9:30 a.m. Portage UMC
OUR OWN KERI OLSON IS THE FEATURED SPEAKER – Details on mobile bulletin board)
April 7 Wisconsin UMW Mission Action Day 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Mauston UMC
April 14 Pasty Sale 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Kitchen and Fellowship Hall
April 25 Circle – Cookie Baking 1-4:30 p.m. Kitchen
April 28 South West District UMW Spring Retreat 9:30 a.m. Prairie du Chien UMC
(Details on mobile bulletin board)
As always, we’d welcome help for our pasty sale. If some people could come about 9:30 or 10:00 so that the early crew can take a breather that would be great. And we could use some help waiting on customers. Contact Alice at 356-2387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our $1.00/pasty designation will go toward the three United Methodist Missionary Conferences: Red Bird Mission (in Kentucky), Oklahoma Missionary Conference, and Alaska Mission Conference.
We have some new items in the kitchen: A 13-cup Cuisinart that will be an asset for pasty prep and other food preparation. This is in memory of our longtime president Kay Bainbridge who started us on the pasty project. Also, Rajean Bender put her mother Sharon Reinfeldt’s memorial money toward it. We also have a Close and Slice, a microwave cooker, and two new large bowls. If you are involved with food preparation, please check out the new items and familiarize yourself with their proper use. Instructions are in the kitchen.
We have pasty sales three times a year to raise money for our district pledge for global mission as well as a variety of other local, national and international missing giving (usually September, March/April, and January). We always welcome help in preparing and baking them. There are a variety of jobs and you can come when you’re able and stay as long as you like.
New Circle meets the 3rd Wednesday at 4pm in the conference room. Our main focus is study. We completed “Jesus and Courageous Women” and most of the study on Ruth from the “Uppity Women of the Bible” series.
Special Events & Programs
- We have brunches and luncheons featuring programs with speakers or mission projects with our own unit and sometimes with guests from other units.
- We visit other units for their special programs.
- We participate in district and state events.
- There’s a one-week School of Christian Mission at Steven’s Point in July. You can go on Monday only for Drive-In Day for an overview of the studies or you can go for the entire week.
- We are working to implement outreach to our in-home members.
- We would like to have some gatherings for knitting/crocheting and for making green cleaning supplies.